Civil & Criminal Litigators in Manhattan
Michael G. Berger, Principal
Email: [email protected]
Admitted to Practice:
- New York State Bar (1974)
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1975)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1980)
- Columbia University, Juris Doctor, 1973
- Yale University, Bachelor of Science, 1968
- Listed in: Marquis Who's Who in America; Who's Who in the World
- New York Metro Super Lawyers
- Assistant District Attorney, New York County, 1973-1976
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, 1994-Present
- Member, Board of Consultants, Handling a Criminal Case in New York (Thomson/West 2009)
Selected Reported Cases: S.M. v. Clash, 558 Fed. Appx. 44, 2014 U.S. App. LEXIS 4377, 2014 WL 903526 (2d Cir. 2014), aff’g Singleton v. Clash, 951 F. Supp. 2d 578, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92088, 2013 WL 3285096 (S.D.N.Y. 2013); Stephens v. Clash, 796 F.3d 281, 2015 U.S. App. LEXIS 13643 (3d Cir. Aug. 5, 2015); Veneruso v. Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center, 2014 U.S. App. LEXIS 8449, 2014 WL 1776011 (2d Cir. May 6, 2014), aff’g 933 F. Supp.2d 613, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 40522, 2013 WL 1187445 (S.D.N.Y. 2013); Gardiner v. J.W. Townsend and Company, Inc. and John W. Townsend, Index No. 602002/03 (Sup CT NY Cty 2008); Roundabout Theatre Company, Inc. v. Continental Casualty Company, and J & H Marsh & McLennan, Inc., 775 N.Y.S.2d 857 (1st Dep't 2004); Jones v. Trump, 1997 WL 277375 (S.D.N.Y. 1997); Purgess v. Sharrock and Hospital for Special Surgery, 33 F.3d 134 (2d Cir. 1994); Cohen v. Republic of the Philippines, 146 F.R.D. 90 (S.D.N.Y. 1993); U.S. v. Ianniello, 824 F.2d 203 (2d Cir. 1987); Taylor v. Willie Nelson and Family, 788 F.2d 220 (4th Cir. 1986); Mister Vee Productions, Inc. v. LeBlanc, 491 F.Supp. 493 (S.D.N.Y. 1980)
- Board of Consultants, Handling a Criminal Case in New York, Lawyer's Cooperative Publishing, 1994 - present; numerous appearances on television and before members of the Bar.
- Michael G. Berger, A Practical Approach to Forensic Expert Testimony, Utilizing Forensic Science in Criminal Cases (Aspatore Books 2016-2017 edition).
Miriam J. Haines, Of Counsel
Admitted to practice:
- New York State Bar (1975)
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Columbia University, Juris Doctor 1974
- Barnard College, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1971
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- Author: "Landlords or Tenants: Who Bears the Costs of Crime?" 2 Cardozo Law Review 299 (1981).
- New York Law School – Assistant Professor, 1976-1980; Associate Professor, 1980-1981; and Adjunct Associate Professor, 1981-1987