Admitted to practice:
- New York State Bar (1975)
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Columbia University, Juris Doctor 1974
- Barnard College, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1971
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- Author: 'Landlords or Tenants: Who Bears the Costs of Crime?' 2 Cardozo Law Review 299 (1981).
- New York Law School – Assistant Professor, 1976-1980; Associate Professor, 1980-1981; and Adjunct Associate Professor, 1981-1987