The Firm has been involved in significant commercial real estate transactional matters, involving a wide variety of issues. Such matters have included:
- Representation of start-up and established companies in financial services, publishing, energy, entertainment, food service, and other industries, including incorporation, preparation of partnership and shareholder agreements, creation of employment manuals, compliance with regulatory and licensing requirements, and assistance in marketing and promotion.
- Advising commercial and real estate entities, including asset and stock sales, purchases and sales in equity interests, and dissolution.
- Counseling one faction of the members of the second generation of a family sharply divided over the disposition of a valuable Manhattan real estate parcel left to them by the founding generation. Although the other family members originally proposed to sell the parcel for $5 million, the Firm successfully persuaded the feuding family members to resolve their disputes and remarket the parcel, resulting in a sale price of over $15 million.
- Assisting a family-owned business in negotiations involving multi-use commercial space. After several weeks of negotiation, the Firm was able to secure a multi-tiered option that allowed the family to retain its interest in the premises for another generation of its members.
- Representation of a restaurant owner whose premises were destroyed by fire. Although the landlord claimed the right to demolish the building without compensation for the tenants, the Firm obtained an injunction and later renegotiated a buyout of the Tenant’s lease for over $1 million.
- Representation of a woman in a divorce, where her husband offered unacceptable low maintenance and child support. Following a trial, the court ordered the husband to pay more than six times the amount of maintenance and child support he had previously offered.